Friday, July 22, 2011

Comic Relief Moment

Yeah, I know.  Weird, random, topic for a funny.... but that's me. Weird and random, and sometimes certifiable. Plus, when you have nothing to really write about except the odd musings that pass through your head, these musings can prove to be oddly hysterical when later pondering them.

I was told once, by Sunshine's pediatrician, and her lactation consultant, that babies can often be scared of their "large breasted" mommies.  Odd, I know.  But I suddenly felt a "large" sense of pride today in seeing that my little Sunshine's head is *finally* larger than my breasts.  When beginning this part of the journey, I felt unsure, intimidated by friends who had been so successful, and fearful that I may not have success.  Then again, seeing this large orb zooming in towards my little girl's face was slightly daunting (and this was from my perspective, not hers).

I mean, I have always been rather satisfied with my voluptuous curves, knowing that second to my eyes, they are a pleasing part of my form. However, when my milk came in I was overly self-conscious about their size and *gasp* weight. (I thought I had lower back problems before, but this was ridiculous.) I also was so worried that Sunshine would fall into that number of babies who truly HAD something to be afraid of by these orbs.  Suffocation due to ORB. This was not a pleasing thought. Surprisingly, Sunshine latched on with a fierce voraciousness. In fact, she was like a little tiger cub, ravenously growling at said boob, and tugging and pulling as she does. (God help me if I am still breast feeding when her teeth come in).

So, should I be surprised that with her rapacious appetite her little head has exceeded the size of her orb-like food vessel?  No, not really.  But just seeing the actual visual of her growth and learning has just got me dumbfounded and in aw.  She really is a precious gift.

So, the feeding goes on, the growth continues. Now, if only I can get rid of this butt that has gotten exponentially larger with all this sitting and feeding, and *yawn* trying to sleep any spare moment I can catch up.  THAT would also be something worth writing about. The loss of the butt that is, not the sitting/feeding/and *yawn*, sleeping.

Until next time, may your days be blessed and filled with giggles!

No comments:

Post a Comment